Position Statement and Manifesto
We want a comprehensive, integrated, cost effective, and not for private profit, NHS providing high quality services, free at the point of delivery and not subject to EU competition regulations. The welfare of patients must always come first.
- Publicise the strengths and value of the NHS.
- Repeal the Health and Social Care Act 2012.
- Phase out the provision of NHS services by private companies.
- End the sale of non-redundant NHS assets to the private sector. Ensure that profit from the sale of redundant assets are reinvested in the NHS.
- Abolish the purchaser-provider split within the NHS.
- Save money by stopping the wasteful competitions for NHS clinical services.
- Abolish the Private Finance Initiative (PFI) which has saddled parts of the NHS with huge financial burdens.
- Re-establish the Secretary of State’s statutory duty to provide and secure a comprehensive health service.
- Make the NHS more transparent in all its activities and involve public and patients in the decision-making processes that affect them
- Campaign for the highest quality care in the NHS, and for the protection of whistleblowers.
- Raise awareness of the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership which could make privatisation of the NHS irreversible and campaign for the NHS to be exempt from it.
- Publicise the issues involved and engage the public in action toward these goals.